Often described as Bristol's 'hidden treasure' because of its magnificent Tudor rooms and recreated knot garden, the Red Lodge was built c 1580.

The Great Oak Room retains its original plasterwork ceiling, oak panelling, interior porch and carved chimneypiece. The house was altered in the early 18th century and the remaining rooms are furnished in Stuart and Georgian styles.

The Red Lodge Museum

Free to all

Park Row, Bristol, Greater Bristol, BS1 5LJ

01179 211360


Opening times

Sat – Tue, 11am – 4pm

Closed 24 – 26 Dec.
Closed for winter from end of December to the beginning of April.

Exhibitions nearby

Back to top